Search This Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2014

To fall in love with a Book

A good book is like a beautiful dream you want to go back to. The feeling is also like you are falling in love for the first time but all over again. But this time your lover is your book.

It can even make your spouse jealous because you laugh, cry and even sleep with it. You can't help but ignore the world because the moments with it are so very sweet. You forget everything and almost everyone. But the poor book is blameless. How can anyone blame the flower for being sweet? You steal moments with it like new lovers steal kisses when the world is busy. Like them you can't keep your hands off it. But there are many good points about loving your book than your wife or your girlfriend. For one the book doesn't expect any gifts, it doesn't feel neglected when you read another book, it doesn't get moody and I can go on writing.

So, to fall in love with a book is a special excitement. The feeling is almost nubile for me, at least the wanting to be with it. Like Mr Right/Ms Right, it doesn't come everyday but when it does it will make your day. Most of you must have felt this love.

At the moment I am in love with George R.R Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice.

4 comments:

  1. Great and lovely that you have such nature in you. But I am just the opposite.lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to. "The mind needs books like a sword needs a whet stone" Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones

      Delete
  2. yes I m jealous...of all the books that u read n sleep with but at the same time I am surprised at how u can read 4 to 5 books in about a month n m glad too tht I hv an obsessed reader with whom I spend my life. I hope I am the words u read...the pictures u see in it...I hv always loved ur writing n though I might not hv been too encouraging..hope I m there in the words u write..keep reading n keep writing.....luv u ....

    ReplyDelete